The SSC provides a number of training courses or workshops annually (primarily through the Geological Society of South Africa and the Southern African Institute for Mining and Metallurgy) that cater specifically to the needs of CP/CV/QRE’s. The majority of these courses/workshops are directed at technical (geoscientific/engineering) professions who compile Public Reports (including Competent Person’s Reports, Valuation Reports and Qualified Reserve Evaluator’s Reports). However, some of the courses may be of specific interest to non-technical professionals who compile valuation reports, fair and reasonable opinions, etc.
The SSC recommends that practicing CP/CV/QRE’s should attend at least one of these courses in a five-year cycle.
- SAMVAL for non-technical professionals (30-31 July 2020). Online webinar in conjunction with the JSE. Download the flyer and registration here
- Introduction to the SAMCODES and JSE Reporting Requirements – online webinar series (11 Aug – 1 September 2020). Download the flyer, programme and registration here
- SAMESG on-line workshop is planned for 22 September 2020.
- The GSSA is hosting an on-line workshop on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for individuals registered with SACNASP and/or the GSSA on 8 October 2020
- SAIMM: Mineral Project Valuation School (28-29 July 2021)
- SAMCODES Conference 2020 – dates changed to 26-27 October 2021
- If you, or your organisation, is looking for in-house training, university, introductory, advanced or special-interest group courses on the SAMCODES, please contact the SSC or the Chairperson of the relevant Code Committee and we will be pleased to assist you.
- If you, or your organisation, is planning on presenting a SAMCODE-related course, please contact the SSC with details so that we can build up a catalogue of available resources.